No matter what your skin type, we all have one thing in common this time of year, chapped lips. At least, concern for our lips. There are so many products available for lip care now that it is hard to choose. Some products are just for moisture. Others address chapping, exfoliation and/or lines while some are made for multiple issues. I have made a short(ish) comprehensive list to try to narrow the choices down.
1. Avene – Cold Creme Lip Creme: (Hypoallergenic, Non-Comedogenic, Soap-Free, Paraben-Free, Gluten-Free)
Provides immediate relief and protects against dry, chapped lips.
- Creamy, nourishing formula, rich in Vitamins E and F
- Restores and softens the skin
- Leaves a protective coating on lips
- Can be applied under lipstick
- Suitable for infants, children, and adults
2. Dermalogica – Renewal Lip Complex: (No Artificial Fragrances or colors)
Restores delicate tissue, minimizes contour lines and helps prevent the signs of aging
- Minimizes contour lines.
- Smooths rough, uneven lips.
- Acts as a conditioning primer before lipstick application.
4. Amorepacific – Moisture Bound Lip Treatment: (A Korean Skin Care Company)
A lip treatment that provides moisture and superior antioxidant protection while preventing fine lines around the lips.
- Replenishes and binds hydration for up to eight hours
- Alleviates irritation, chapping, and roughness of dry lips
- Improves circulation, bringing a rosy glow to the lips
5. Glossier – Balm Dot Com: (hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, long-lasting moisture, paraben free, cruelty-free)
Multipurpose lip balm and skin salve that’s packed with antioxidants and natural emollients to nourish and repair dry, chafed skin.
- Antioxidants and natural emollients
- Nourishes and repairs chafed skin
- Seals in moisture
6. Decleor – Intense Nutrition Lip Balm: (Enriched with Marjoram essential oil, Shea butter, and Macadamia oil.)
This balm nourishes the feel of lips with moisture
7. Matis – Eyes and Lips Treatment Mask: Restores firmness and elasticity to the delicate aging skin.
- restores firmness and elasticity to the delicate aging skin.
- locks in moisture while elastin reduces sagging skin and wrinkles.
- Vitamin C brightens away discoloration as it neutralizes free radicals and supports collagen production.
8. Drunk Elephant – Lippe Balm: (Formulated without Essential Oils, Drying Alcohols, Silicones, Chemical Screens, Fragrance/Dyes and SLS)
A moisturizing, volumizing lip balm that helps nourish super-delicate lips for a noticeably plump, youthful-looking pout.
- deeply moisturizes, replenishes and hydrates
- Plumps the appearance and better define lips
- antioxidants protect against free radicals and aggressors
- softens rough, parched lips
9. Lancome – Absolue Lip Treatment: (Formulated with Pro-Xylane™ and Vitamin E)
The balm will help to leave dry lips feeling nurtured, smoother and plumper.
- Visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the lips.
- Helps to leave dry lips feeling nurtured, smoother and plumper.